“Something beautiful, something good. In my confusion, He understood. All I had to offer Him was brokenness and strife, but He made something beautiful out of my life.” — Bill Gaither & Company
Like the potter, God will fashion us into something useful.
In Jeremiah 18, God instructs Jeremiah to go to the potter’s house and observe the potter with the clay. Verse 4 says, “But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter, so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.” Even though the vessel was defective and flawed, the potter didn’t throw the clay away. He reshaped it and formed it into a useful vessel.
Aren’t you glad that God is patient with us and gives us another chance? Even though we fail, stumble and fall, God doesn’t give up on us. Despite the fact that we are defective, imperfect and flawed, God will not throw us away! Like the potter, God will start anew with us and fashion us into something useful for His glory.
Even though we're imperfect and flawed, God is working on us!
In Romans 8:29 it says that God predestined us to become conformed to the image of His Son. God is working with us to mold us into more of a Christ-like image. Be encouraged! God will never give up on you, so you should never give up on God. Allow Him (the potter) to shape you into what He wants you to be.
In His Service,
Justin fights for his life...
My name is Justin, and I’m 21 years old. Ludicrous is the only word I can use to describe my life before Christ. I lived a dangerous life with drugs as a teenager and that lifestyle soon caught up with me.
I was only 17 when my life turned completely upside down — I was beaten nearly to death with a baseball bat and then shot in the head. I was completely brain-dead when I arrived at the hospital, and I’m told I died three times while on the way there.
When I came out of the coma nine days later, the doctors told my family I would be mentally challenged and probably need to be institutionalized for the rest of my life.
Family Reunion: Justin is rebuilding his relationships with his family, including his dad and mom.
The road to recovery was tough. It took me 36 months to learn to talk, eat and walk again. During this time, I was prescribed strong pain killers, which I became addicted to. My life was a mess.
But somehow, through it all, Christ saved me. He sent a wonderful woman to me who began to witness to me the Word of God and encouraged me to go to Royal Pines Center, a ministry of the Jimmie Hale Mission. If it wasn’t for me being led to Christ, I would be dead by now.
Back to life
When I arrived at Royal Pines, I knew it was the best blessing I had ever received. I can now call myself a
Christian and a man of God.
Thanks to Royal Pines, I am completing goals and getting my life back. I got my GED through their Stewart Learning Center and rebuilt my relationships with my family. I hope to attend college and eventually become a nurse.
In front of the Cross at Royal Pines: Justin stands with Amanda, the young lady
that helped lead him to Christ and Royal Pines. She is now his fiancee.
God has opened so many doors for me, and I thank God, Royal Pines and the Jimmie Hale Mission for giving me a second chance at life.
Thank you all for everything you have done in my life. I will forever remember this and my walk with Jesus. My favorite verse in the Bible comes from Proverbs 16:33, “We may throw the dice, but the Lord determines where they fall.” - Justin P., Royal Pines Graduate
The Jimmie Hale Mission ministries were blessed to be a part of the Association of Gospel Rescue Mission's and Disney's Sock Drive campaign, inspired by the movie, The Odd Life of Timothy Green.
Since August 15, boxes have been in place at 5 of our Mission Possible Bargain Centers - Adamsville, Homewood, Eastwood, Jasper and Pinson - as well as the Carmike Summit 16 Theatre located in the Summit Shopping Center off of Hwy 280.
You can help by donating new socks to any of these drop-off sites. Simply place your sock donation(s) in the box, and we'll take care of the rest! The Hanes Corporation has also pledged to help by matching new sock donations, up to 10,000 pairs.
The sock drive officially ends Monday, September 3, so hurry and make your donations while the collection bins are still at these convenient locations.
Thank you to AGRM for providing the donation boxes and facilitating this campaign.
Please share this with your family and friends on...
The Mission has been blessed with visits from local church and community leaders...
Rick Burgess of the "Rick & Bubba Radio Show" with Tony Cooper
prior to the chapel service
Throughout the summer, the Jimmie Hale Mission's Shepura Men's Center was blessed to host many community leaders who wanted to share with the men we serve.
These speakers have shared their testimonies, life stories and heart-felt advice to the men we serve in hopes that they will be inspired to live for God.
Rev Arthur Price of 16th Street Baptist Church prays with a program participant.
We are so honored to have these speakers share with us. To date, here is a list of the speakers we've been fortunate to host:
- Dr. John King - Pastor of Trinity Baptist Church
- Jason Williams - Missions Pastor, Briarwood Presbyterian
- Rev. Arthur Price Jr. - Pastor of Sixteenth Street Baptist Church
- Dr. Mike McLemore - Director of the Birmingham Baptist Association
- Rick Burgess - Host of the syndicated Rick & Bubba Show on WZZK
- Mike Royer - Co-anchor of weekday evening newscasts and "The Spirit of Alabama" on NBC 13
- Sheriff Mike Hale - Sheriff of Jefferson County, AL
- Dr. Joe Godfrey - Director of ALCAP
- Rev. Kevin Moore- Facilitator/Executive Director of Mission Birmingham
- Dr. Calvin Kelly - Former Senior Pastor at Valleydale Church
- Bill Heintz - Director of the Foundry
- Valton Johnson -President of the Johnson Group, former Director at Virginia College
- James Spann - Meteorologist and TV personality on ABC 33/40
- Dr. Don Hawkins - President of Southeastern Bible College
- Rev. Doug Moore - Evangelist and retired Pastor of First Baptist Church of Mount Olive
- Rev. John Cantelow - Pastor of Sixth Avenue Baptist Church
- Frank Woodson - Executive Director of Mission Birmingham
- Rev. Christ Lamb - Pastor of Glen Iris Baptist Church
- Ken Lass - Anchor on CBS 42
- Dr. Al Sutton - Pastor of Living Stones Temple
- Rev. Tim Henning - Pastor of Trussville Alliance Church
- Rev. Layne Schranz - Associate Pastor of Church of the Highlands
- Rev. Steve Loggins - Director of the North Jefferson Baptist Association
- Rev. John Mount - Pastor of Aldersgate United Methodist Church
- Dr. Mike Shaw - Pastor of First Baptist Church of Pelham
- Tom Zobel - Executive Director of Brother Bryan Mission
Please share this with your family and friends on...